IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
DUE TO UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND, WE ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSING THE MEMBERSHIP TO NEW ENQUIRIES.
THIS SITUATION WILL BE REVIEWED REGULARLY AND WHEN WE ARE ABLE TO RE-OPEN FOR NEW MEMBERS, WE WILL POST A NOTICE HERE ON OUR WEBSITE. THERE WILL BE NO WAITING LIST.
We provide a full breakdown of membership costs (probationary and full) in our Club Pricelist
Please note that you are not required to bring any equipment, as the club has everything you need.
The Club now operates an online membership management system through Membermojo. The normal route to full membership is as follows:
IT IS A HOME OFFICE REQUIREMENT THAT THE DETAILS OF ALL PROBATIONARY MEMBERS ARE FORWARDED TO THE POLICE FIREARMS REGISTRATION DEPARTMENT
- Before deciding to join you are welcome to visit the club's indoor range
- In order to visit the club, you must first complete a temporary VISITOR membership through the online Membermojo system by clicking the orange 'Join Us/Renew' button on the Membermojo home page and entering the required information about yourself on the online form. Please read through all this page before accessing our Membermojo home page
- Once you have successfully completed the Visitor registration, the Membership Secretary will contact you to arrange a convenient date and time to visit the club. Please note that you will not be able to shoot or handle any firearms during this visit
- If you are still interested, then you may apply for an appropriate 6 month Probationary membership. To do this, you will need to contact the Membership Secretary by sending an email to:
so that your Membermojo record can be updated to a membership application
- You will then need to log in to your Membermojo home page to add the final details for the application. After this, your details will be checked and if approved, you will be offered the Probationary membership
Probationary membership documentary requirements
In order to become a Probationary Member, you will need to fully complete the Membermojo online application form and then bring the following documents to the Club:
IMPORTANT: Failure to provide ALL of the above will result in delays to the processing of your membership. Please note that copies of your ID and proof of address will be kept.
- Photo ID (passport or driving licence)
- Proof of address (driving licence, recent utility bill, council tax bill, bank statement etc.)
- Appropriate fee (see pricelist)
Safety Training Course
At the start of your 6 month probationary period, you will study the safety training course (available here
on our website), after which there is a short written test that you are required to pass before you will be permitted to handle any firearms.
You will be required to attend the club a minimum of 12 times during the 6 months probationary period.
Upon successful completion of your probationary period, you will be considered for Full membership
Full Membership Renewal
The renewal date for full membership is 31st July
(each year). Application forms will be sent automatically to your email address.
Further details of Membership and costs of ammunition, entering competitions etc. can be found in the Club Pricelist
Please Note: All the membership fees are given to Preston Grasshoppers as rent on the building. The club itself runs on a £2.00 per visit fee
and ammunition sales to fund insurance, professional training (i.e. First Aid), consumables and range improvements. As Preston & District Rifle & Pistol Club operates as part of the Preston Grasshoppers Rugby Football Club, all FULL members are entitled to various benefits that are offered by the rugby club such as:
- 10% Discount on bar prices at Hoppers
- Discount on Pre-Match Hospitality at First team matches
- Discount on admission to Hoppers first team games
- Concessionary rates for functions at the club