You are here: Home > About the Club
Back to Home    |    Downloads (Club Documents Etc.)    |    Indoor Range Shooting Calendar    |    Altcar Shooting Calendar    |    Sitemap 
Shooting in Preston - and Proud!
Shooting in Preston - and Proud!
Shooting in Preston - and Proud! Preston and Distric Rifle and Pistol Club
 About the Club

Preston and District Rifle and Pistol Club was originally formed in 1947.

Originally, the Club venue was Stanley Street, Preston at the Preston Territorial Army Range. Following the closure of that range, the Club used ranges at both Fulwood and Kimberly Barracks up until the 1960's.

In the 1960's, a range was built on the top floor of Ribble Bank Mill, in Bow Lane, Preston, which the Club used until the mid 1970's, when the Mill was demolished for a new development.

Following the demolishing of Ribble Bank Mill, the Club moved to the range built by Preston Grasshoppers Rugby Club, off Lightfoot Lane, Fulwood, near Preston and it is at this range that the Club is currently based.

Sadly, photographs of the old venues have been lost - otherwise, we would have loved to include them here!

 


  Home Office Approved Rifle & Pistol Club No. CFP/10/1/7/4/1/2/1/2/3/157. Affiliated to the N.R.A.
  Site and Content Copyright ©2008-17 Preston and District Rifle and Pistol Club, All Rights Reserved.